st: ST: getting realitve risk from proportional odds ratio

From   "Bontempo, Daniel E" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: ST: getting realitve risk from proportional odds ratio
Date   Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:52:42 -0600

Hi StataListers -

I have used "ologit dv iv, or" where my dv is 0 to 5 reported
limitations on activities of daily living. (With such a restricted range
of counts, a Poisson model did not seem right.) I requested the odds
ratio output format. However there seems to be a lot of advice on
reporting relative risk (RR) instead of OR. I find many formulas that
calculate RR from OR and rate information for the reference group (i.e.,
iv=0). But here I am unsure if what works for OR can work for
proportional OR. Since the OR is for a one level increase in the DV,
what rate can I use in the formula.

Is there some way (preferably a nice post estimation command) that can
give me a proportional RR complete with CI?