RE: st: Uninstalling older versions of stata?

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: Uninstalling older versions of stata?
Date   Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:36:57 +0000

It does say that.

In my experience with Windows, and more particularly with Windows users, this only bites if you are the sort of user who depends heavily on registry entries, e.g. you like to enter Stata by clicking on a Stata file, relying on Windows to know that it's a Stata file. Sometimes this calls up an older version if present. If you enter Stata directly, then call up files, problems don't arise.

I can't comment on other platforms(*).

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

(*) Very old British joke:

Older man with military bearing: "I'll have you know that my great-grandfather fell at Waterloo."
Disrespectful younger man: "Oh, which platform?"

DE SOUZA Eric