st: how to estimate this equation by the nl methods in Stata

From   zhiqiang zhang <nkzzq@yahoo.com.cn>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how to estimate this equation by the nl methods in Stata
Date   Tue, 7 Dec 2010 15:07:42 +0800 (CST)

hi ,everyone,
I am working on a study on the new economic geography wage equation. My wage
equation is like this :
log(  Wager)= K1*log[(∑Yr* exp-(K2*Distance) )+U, where parameters K1 and K2
are the coefficient that need to be estimated. Wage, Y, and Distance  are the
variables that I organize in my dataset,

I don't know how to write a nonlinear square command in Stata,  especially for
the ∑ which is for summation for the individual province  market potential in my
equation. I can only write this command:

 nl  (lnwage = {b0}*lnY*exp({b1}*Distance))
Can somebody help me for  how to deal with the Summation (∑) in the nl
estimation of my wage equation?  Thank you very much.

Best wishes
Zhiqiangzhang
Nankai University

 Best Regards