st: svy bootstrap and nlsur function evaluator program

From   Stefano Verde <verdes@tcd.ie>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: svy bootstrap and nlsur function evaluator program
Date   Mon, 6 Dec 2010 19:32:42 +0000

Dear Stas,

I have purchased and read your paper ("Resampling variance estimation
for complex survey data"), and also looked at other documents.
However, I'm still not sure whether -bsweights- really is what I need.

The thing is that my dataset only includes information on the gross
factor (i.e. the sampling weights), which are supposed to embody
already the choices on survey design, such as stratification,
clustering and non-response. Thus, information about the latter is
just not there.

So, do I still need to create replicate weights using -bsweights-?

Isn't there a way of bootstrapping the elasticities from my model
(complex functions of estimated parameters) just using the gross
factors (i.e. sampling weights)?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Sincerely,
Stefano Verde