Re: st: svy bootstrap and nlsur function evaluator program

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: svy bootstrap and nlsur function evaluator program
Date   Sat, 4 Dec 2010 13:21:26 -0600

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Stefano Verde <> wrote:
> Dear Stas,
> I've microdata from a household budget survey, with the variable GF
> which associates to each observation (i.e. household) a gross factor
> (i.e. the number of households that observation represents in the
> population).

If that's a real survey, it will at the minimum have clusters/PSUs and
strata, and you need to account for these, too. For the survey
bootstrap to work, you need to specify the bootstrap replicate weights
-- you specified one variable, so you had one bootstrap replicate
(that was actually the same as the original data). I suggested to you
to use the bootstrap weights created by the -bsweights- command
described in my Stata Journal article in 10 (2), see

Stas Kolenikov, also found at