Re: st: replacing previous observations according to current observation, foreach? replace?

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: replacing previous observations according to current observation, foreach? replace?
Date   Mon, 6 Dec 2010 03:10:58 +0000

<>

Not without a more detailed description of what lines are running when the error occurred. First, what version of Stata do you have and what platform are you running it on?
It runs fine on my machine (Stata 11 MP, Mac OSX 10.6), so my best guesses are that:
 (1) there's some kind of wrapping issue (that is, the code wrapped in your email program and needs to be unwrapped -- maybe you should try copying/pasting it from here:  http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-12/msg00105.html )
or
(2) you've got an older version of Stata for which some command in my example doesn't work or has changed syntax.

Finally, if none of these fix your issue, try setting -trace on- before running the code and report to us the lines where Stata chokes.

- Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute