Re: st: Predicting number of cases

Subject   Re: st: Predicting number of cases
Date   Sun, 5 Dec 2010 08:32:38 -0500

Christiana Titaley <[email protected]>:
No, your understanding is wrong; there is no estimate for time 2, so
the only equation -predict- can possibly be using is based on time 1
estimates.  It's still not clear to me what you intend doing, but
maybe you just want to show density estimates like below.  See also
-oaxaca-, -jmpierce, -jmpierce2, and -dfl- on SSC, and references
therein for additional approaches; also
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-07/msg00602.html

u if t==1 using http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/psidextract, clear
g wage=exp(lwage)
qui poisson wage south smsa fem union ed blk
predict hat
keep t hat lwage wage
tempfile t1
save `t1'
qui forv i=2/7 {
 u if t==`i' using http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/psidextract, clear
 predict hat`i'
 keep t hat`i' lwage
 g w`i'=exp(lwage)
 append using `t1'
 tempfile t1
 save `t1', replace
 }
tw kdensity hat||kdensity hat2||kdensity hat4||kdensity hat7
tw kdensity w4||kdensity hat4||kdensity w7||kdensity hat7