st: running simple regression on mixed data of cross-section and panel

From   "Clyde Schechter" <clyde.schechter@einstein.yu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: running simple regression on mixed data of cross-section and panel
Date   Sat, 4 Dec 2010 08:49:03 -0800

"I want to do a regression of employment (logistic) and wage
(loglinear) on some demographic variables. I do the regressions on a
cross-section data of labor force survey. However, small proportion of
individuals in the data recur more than once."

Strictly speaking you no longer have independent observations, so your
estimates of standard errors, p-values, likelihood ratio tests, etc., will
be incorrect if you rely on ordinary logistic regression.