Re: st: saving residuals for many regressions

From   Rodrigo Briceño <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: saving residuals for many regressions
Date   Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:37:01 -0600

Nick, after two days of trial and error I finally understood the
solution you proposed me. I will post here my code just in case any
other person find it useful. As usual when making progress some other
problems come around. I have tried the graph save command with the
see the graph produced. The loop generated the graphs (individual
files) but when I double click on them or try to insert-picture in
Microsoft Office applications (word-excel) I can't see the graph. Do
I'm missing something on my code (as an example I put the pdf option
here...but I tried all)?

gen resid = .
foreach i of local isin {
quietly regress liq `X' if isin2==`i'
predict ehat`i' if e(sample), res
twoway (tsline ehat`i'), name (gr_`b`i'') nodraw
graph save "D:\data\grafico_isin_`i'.pdf", replace
list ehat`i' if isin2==`i'
}

foreach i of local isin2 {
quietly regress liq `X1' if isin2==`i'
predict ehat`i' if e(sample), res
twoway (tsline ehat`i'), name (gr_`b`i'') nodraw
graph save "D:\data\grafico_isin2_`i'.pdf", replace
list ehat`i' if isin2==`i'
}

Thanks Stata!

Rodrigo Briceño