Re: st: Pscores: Interpretation of results

From   Duru <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Pscores: Interpretation of results
Date   Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:26:55 +0100

Thanks very much Ariel. Actually, I ran the PS models separately in
each country and used slightly different specifications since some
covariates did not differ significantly between mobile and landline
samples in some countries.The sampling method is the same for all
countries, RDD (LL+cell numbers), but you end up with different
proportions of respondents reached on a mobile and landline because
the frequency of mobile use, number of landline/cell only population,
call times etc. change by country.

I am trying to test whether respondents reached on a mobile differ
substantially from those reached on a landline with respect to my
survey outcomes -after we control for socio-demographic variables.

Yes, I was expecting propensity scores to differ by country. However,
I am not sure how to explain low pscores for treatment groups in some
countries. How do I explain if all cases in a treatment group to have
propensity scores below .4? Sample size of the treatment group is
lower in those countries, this seemed to be a potential reason since
in a small sample I imagine there will be high number of different
combination of covariates relative to the sample size. Then, number of
covariates might be another factor, I thought! Of course I maybe
totally misled. I havent come accross any article discussing these
things. They simply look at the overlap and proceed. Any ideas,
references are appreciated.

PS: Using one data base with all countries is a jolie good idea for
comparison. Although I couldnt satisfy the balancing property using
the same model in each country. Still, might be different in an
combined version. Plus, need to figure out how to exact match on
country.

Thanks very much again,

Duru