Re: st: Getting Regression Output for Effect Size Calculation

From   Neil Shephard <nshephard@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Getting Regression Output for Effect Size Calculation
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:28:03 +0000

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Eric Howard <EHOWARD@serve.org> wrote:
> Statalist,
>
> I would like to calculate an effect size (Cohen's d) myself using an Excel file instead of using the sizefx command and was wondering how I can get n sizes, mean outcomes, and standard deviations from OLS (using reg command) regression output for my treated and comparison groups.

Why use Excel when Stata can do this?

Some of the pitfalls of using M$-Excel/spreadsheets...

http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/spreadsheet_addiction.html

Summary of response from Allstat mailing list...

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/ExcelProblems

Neil

--
"Our civilization would be pitifully immature without the intellectual
revolution led by Darwin" - Motoo Kimura, The Neutral Theory of

Email - nshephard@gmail.com
Website - http://kimura-no-ip.org/