st: Latent Class Model in STATA 10

From   Achyut Kafle <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Latent Class Model in STATA 10
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:41:42 -0700

Title: Latent Class Model in STATA 10
Hi,

I am analysing a discrete choice data from a choice survey. I am trying to use Latent Class Model to account for heterogeneous preferences. I initially used Nlogit 4 for Latent Class Model (LCM) which was pretty straight forward but it could not handle the large number of parameters we have in our model (about 73 parameters ). So, I was wondering if STATA can handle model with  73 parameters with different segments ( 2,3,4,5,6 etc.). If anybody is working in the same kind of data analysis, could you please share a command for LCM in STATA 10 ( it seems so complex to me switching from Nlogit to STATA). Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Achyut