st: RE: non-constant Frequency weights

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: non-constant Frequency weights
Date   Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:32:47 +0100

I don't see the connections between these statements. A variable containing frequency weights can vary between observations, in this instance within panels as well as between panels, so that is not a problem in itself.

Perhaps some particular procedures have more restricted assumptions, but you don't say what they are.

Stephen O Neill

I am using unbalanced panel data which contains a frequency weight each year.
However the weight is not constant through time with the result that I cannot
weight the data using - [fweight = weight] - . I was just wondering if there is
a simple work around?