st: RE: Importing excel to mata

From   "Renger van Nieuwkoop" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Importing excel to mata
Date   Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:28:42 +0200

I want to multiply my data (12 variables x 9000 values) with a matrix
(size 20x12). The matrix is stored in excel. Two questions:
- Is this better done in Excel (but then I can't have everything I do in
a do-file) or in Mata or using a matrix in stata?
- If mata is the best method: Is there an easy way to import the data
from Excel in mata?