Re: st: Data management

From   Chris Parker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Data management
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:56:43 +0530

Hi Jeetendra,

One option (I'm sure more concise options will follow) is:

bysort hhn: egen hasboth=sd(rentaltype)
drop if hasboth==0

This removes any observations where there is no variation in the
rental type across the household.

Chris

Chris Parker

PhD Candidate | Management Science & Operations
London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United Kingdom
Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 8816 | Email [email protected]