RE: st: Dfactor - Optimization Terminated

From   "Degas Wright" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Dfactor - Optimization Terminated
Date   Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:50:23 -0400

Richard,
Thank you for your comments.  I am new to time series analysis. As it
relates to scaling of the data, I have typically standardized data in
cross sectional analysis but with time series I did not see the value of
the standardization.  The _dfactor_ uses the first difference of the
data.  Is there other scaling approaches that are beneficial in time
series analysis.

I am concerned with the number of observations (236 weeks of data)- so
what is a good rule of thumb related to the number of parameters?

Also, your comment on using iterate(#) works fine but I having to stop
it a 6 iterations to get it to go through the whole data set.

Thank you for your assistance.

Degas A. Wright, CFA
Chief Investment Officer
Decatur Capital Management, Inc.
250 East Ponce De Leon Avenue, Suite 325
Decatur, Georgia  30030
Voice: 404.270.9838
Fax:404.270.9840
Website: www.decaturcapital.com