st: St: collapse by _N

From   "Eric Uslaner" <euslaner@gvpt.umd.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: St: collapse by _N
Date   Wed, 20 Oct 2010 02:35:49 -0400

Greetings,

I have a survey data set with respondents geocoded.  I want to collapse the data set to the geocode level, so the simple command would be:

collapse varlist,by(geocode)

However some geocodes barely have any respondents and any collapsed data would be unreliable.  Is there a straightforward way to collapse only if the number of respondents is > 20 (e.g.)?

Many thanks,

Ric