Re: st: Questions about selmlog and svyselmlog

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <>
Subject   Re: st: Questions about selmlog and svyselmlog
Date   Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:03:59 -0200

About the first question:

The vardep  of the income equation must have non missing values ONLY
for one category.

About the second:

the svyselmlog was written to Stata 8. Then, try this:

version 8: svyset [pweight = varw], psu(varpsu) strata(varstrat)
svyselmlog vardep varindep , sel() meth() boot()....

Hope this Helps,

Joao Lima

2010/10/19 Yu(Sophia) Zhang <>:
> Dear statisticians,
>     I am now working on my dissertation and am stuck by a STATA command.
> Basically, I want to run Heckman correction based on the multinomial logit
> model. I am going to use the command selmlog. However, a strange error shows
> up like this:
> Non-missing values of dependent variable for more than one outcome
> variable _m* not found
>    I guess it might be associated with this statement in the help file:
> 1) In the output, selmlog adds to varlist a series of variables labelled
> _m[depvar_m value], except for the dhl option
> 2) The outcome variable depvar is observed for only one value of depvar_m.
> It is important that depvar should have missing values for any other value
> of depvar_m.
>    But still cannot figure out what's wrong.
>    In addition, when I want to control for sampling weights by running the
> command svyselmlog, I get another error:
> data not set up for the old survey estimation commands; use svyset under
> version control or use the new svy prefix.
>   But there is no "svy: selmlog" command in STATA 11.....
>     I wonder if someone could kindly give me some hint for these two
> problems. I have asked several people but no one were familiar with this
> problem.
>     I appreciate your help very much.
>     Sincerely,
>     Yu