Re: st: pairwise test of proportions

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: pairwise test of proportions
Date   Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:42:38 -0400

At 06:30 PM 10/19/2010, Stas Kolenikov wrote:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM, helen bian <> wrote:
> Has anyone written a program that does a pairwise test of proportions
> and contains the p-values in its output?

Is it -prtest- or -prtesti-?

That was my first impulse. However, the documentation refers to "Two-sample test of proportion." From the examples, I got the impression it was for unpaired samples. ttest, by way of contrast, refers to "Two-sample mean-comparison test (unpaired)" and "Two-sample mean-comparison test (paired)". So, ttest lets you do something like a before and after comparison of the same subjects; prtest sounds to me like it is comparing proportions for two different samples, rather than paired values.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu