Re: st: How to model excess zeros for count data from a suervey

Subject   Re: st: How to model excess zeros for count data from a suervey
Date   Sat, 16 Oct 2010 19:20:59 -0500

At 05:27 PM 10/16/2010, Laurie Molina wrote:
Hi all,
I want to rum a zip model, but my data comes from a survey.
I am using stata 9, and when i tryied
****
svy: zip depvar convariates
*****
The following error message appeared: zip is not supported by svy
I also tryied:
*****
suest ., svy
*****
And the message was option svy not allowed.

Any suggestions?

First, make sure you have the most up to date version of Stata 9, which is version 9.2. According to the -help whatsnew- documentation the svy option was added to Stata 9's suest in Dec 2005. Use the
-update all- command.

If still no go, try to upgrade to Stata 11 (or find a copy of 10) if possible.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam