Re: st: problem with generated regressands and WLS

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: problem with generated regressands and WLS
Date   Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:52:05 -0400

Arka Roy Chaudhuri <>:
If you think beta is measured with an independent error, i.e. no
endogeneity or other endemic problems, you can ignore the fact that it
is generated; measurement error in the depvar is usually not a
problem. But perhaps you are looking for improved efficiency, and you
want to use the squared SE on beta as a measure of the error
variance--but it does not vary by observation--see the manual entry on
-vwls- for example.  Is your "second stage" in matrix form using the
same y and x and so forth, or have you reused notation?