Re: st: Re: comparing regression discontinuity treatment effects for different subsamples

Subject   Re: st: Re: comparing regression discontinuity treatment effects for different subsamples
Date   Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:10:24 -0400

In that case, I strongly disagree with your advice--you are
constraining the slope of pretest to be the same on both sides of the
discontinuity, and not using any concept of a bandwidth around the
cutoff; local linear regression is the standard approach, not linear
regression.  Further, if you mean to subtract the mean of the
assignment variable when you say "pretest is mean-centered" then the
coefficient on group does not measure the jump in outcomes at the
cutoff unless the cutoff happens to be right at the mean of pretest.