st: RE: user written command -arpois-

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: user written command -arpois-
Date   Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:52:58 +0100

The FAQ requests that you say _where_ you got user-written programs. In this case,

STB-46  sts13 . Time series regression for counts allowing for autocorrelation
        (help arpois, acplot if installed)  . . . A. Tobias and M. J. Campbell
        11/98   pp.33--37; STB Reprints Vol 8, pp.291--296
        fits a log-linear model allowing for autocorrelation and
        overdispersion using iterative weighted least squares

The lesser deal here is -acplot-, which the authors borrowed from a program of mine on SSC, which in turn was based on an earlier program -ac- by Sean Becketti. But all have long since been superseded by Stata's own command -ac-.

On the bigger deal, -arpois- itself, I guess your best bet is to look for references to its references in citation databases. I don't think either of the authors is an active member of Statalist but Aurelio is still active in the Stata community: see http://www.stata.com/meeting/spain10/announce.html

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Kyla Marcoux

I am using -arpois- and am looking for any additional documentation or materials that use or discuss -arpois-. I would appreciate it if you could provide materials or references to materials such as published papers or reports using or discussing -arpois-, on-line tutorials or courses, comparisons with other software, etc.