st: Coloring specific cells using -estout- and latex

From   Bert Jung <>
Subject   st: Coloring specific cells using -estout- and latex
Date   Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:37:44 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I am looking for a way to color certain cells in a latex table
produced by -estout-.  The goal is the highlight individual cells of
coefficients (not rows or columns).  For instance, I want the
coefficient on the third variable in the second model to be in red.  I
imagine the process would be similar to -estout-'s assigning of
significance stars to coefficients, although I would prefer to define
my target cells directly and manually.

An existing thread shows how to color variable names and rows a RTF
table with -estout-.  However, all rows are treated the same, e.g. the
rows of coefficients are blue and the t-statistics red.  My interest
is in selected cells only.

Thanks for any pointers,