st: How to center histogram bars over ticks

From   maryannlong <>
Subject   st: How to center histogram bars over ticks
Date   Sat, 9 Oct 2010 01:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hello to all

I am getting up to speed with Stata 10.1 that I used in my biostats class
last year and then set aside when I didn't need it for several months.

I'm experimenting with a simple histogram of age distribution.  Here is the
command I'm using:

. histogram age6, bin(6) frequency fcolor(midblue) gap(20) addlabel
xtitle(Age distribution of Australian midwives in NMeS baseline survey)
> valuelabel) normal
(bin=6, start=1, width=.83333333)

It's working great, except I can't figure out how to center the bars over
the x-axis ticks.  I tried changing the gap, but that didn't do much.

I really appreciate any advice.

Maryann Long
Brisbane, QLD, Australia