Re: st: RE: RE: joinby command and memory issues

Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: joinby command and memory issues
Date   Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:41:03 -0400

Thomas <[email protected]> :

Why are you asking for a merge variable when you are keeping only matching obs?
If my proposal about making both datasets as small as they can be to
merge does not solve your problem,
you can also save the larger file in a few chunks and -joinby- that to
the smaller file,
then -append- the results together.

It would all be a lot easier if you moved to a computer that could
access more memory, of course.