Re: st: RE: RE: joinby command and memory issues

Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: joinby command and memory issues
Date   Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:20:34 -0400

Thomas <Thomas.Weichle@va.gov> :

You can make the merge easier by making two files of just identifiers
from your two data files, keeping only distinct obs, calling them e.g.
id1 and id2, and doing the -joinby- on those, then saving the result
as e.g. ids.dta.  Then -joinby- that to each of your datafiles in
turn, and save as new files data1 and data2, which will be smaller and
easier to merge.