st: xtmixed with option residuals

From   Schöler, Lisa <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtmixed with option residuals
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:56:46 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am trying to run the following command:

.xtmixed q0  tv q0 number_brands market_share intensity satisfaction channels margin sga0 rd0 cogs0 lppe0 income0 lassets0 leverage0 ||SIC_twodigits: number_brands market_share intensity satisfaction channels margin, mle residuals(ar 1, by(id) t(year))

And I get the following error:

option residuals(): by variable is not constant within lowest-level panels r(459);

I don't understand why I get this error. I have a dataset that includes 9 yearly observations for different companies(unique id for each company) that are in different SICs.
Can anyone tell me where my problem is?

Thanks
Lisa

Lisa Schöler
Professur für BWL, insb. Electronic Commerce
Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
Grüneburgplatz 1
60629 Frankfurt a.M.

Phone: ++49 69 798 34632
Fax:   ++49 69 798 35001
Email: [email protected]

Get serious about better marketing decisions - apply now!
http://www.goethe-master.de