st: RE: x axis forest plot

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: x axis forest plot
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:48:51 +0100

-metan- is a user-written command (SSC).

It usually helps and never hurts if you show exact code that you tried.

In general with a graphics command you can not omit data points from a graph by truncating the axis scale. You must omit data explicitly e.g. by using -if-.

-xaxis()- and -xlabel()- are options, not commands.

Vincent de Jonge

I did a meta-analysis on count data using the db
metan command and plotted a forest plot. However, to improve readability
I would like to limit the x axis. This just won't work. I don't know how
to do it. Tried commands like xaxis, xlabel, etc. but always get an
error. Hope someone can get me the answer.