st: RE: Shea's R2 with xtivreg2

From   "Schaffer, Mark E" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Shea's R2 with xtivreg2
Date   Sun, 3 Oct 2010 16:34:47 +0100

Shea's partial R2 is saved in the matrix macro e(first).  However,
there's no good reason to use it now that Angrist & Pischke have worked
out the "right" first-stage F statistic when there are multiple
endogenous regressors.  There is a discussion with references in the
-ivreg2- help file.  In a nutshell, unlike the Shea statistic, the A-P
first-stage statistics have known distributions and hence are readily

> Thanks,
> Erasmo
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

registered under charity number SC000278.