Re: st: Re: option refseqid in command sqom

From   Ulrich Kohler <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: option refseqid in command sqom
Date   Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:44:08 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 30.09.2010, 04:29 -0700 schrieb zorobabel:
> Thanks you very much!
> I proceeded to the updating of "sq package". Then, i used integer id (in the
> sqdemo database) but i have the same error message.
> I don't knows, after the updating, i checked the ado file in STATA 11 but
> there isn't  updated "sq.ado ". Is it normal?
> May be, i  have several "ado path"

"sq.ado" doesn't exist.

The SQ package consists of various ado-files, such as "sqom.ado",
"sqtab.ado" and two Mata libraries (lsq.mlib and lsqbm). If you update
the sq-package during a Stata session, in which you have already used
sqom you should type

. discard

. mata: mata mlib index

To check whether you are working with the right version of the sq-files

. which sqom

which should give you something like

*! version 1.19.0 September 30, 2010 @ 09:51:24 UK
*! Perform an optimal matching with Needleman-Wunsch-Algorithm
*! Author: Kohler/Luniak,

(I have updated sqom.ado this morning, German time. The update addresses
your original problem.)