Re: st: automatically adjusting for bias in antilog transformation?

From   Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: automatically adjusting for bias in antilog transformation?
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:04:45 +0100

On 28 MFómh 2010, at 17:22, Maarten buis wrote:

A nice discussion of this can be found in this article:

Nicholas J. Cox, Jeff Warburton, Alona Armstrong, Victoria J. Holliday
(2007) "Fitting concentration and load rating curves with generalized
linear models" Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 33(1):25--39.
<http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/114281617/abstract>

The paper contains, among other things, a very thoughtful set of criteria for choice of model, described with the clarity we would associate with the lead author. Even if you have no particular interest in earth surface processes, I would recommend the paper highly.

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences

[email protected]
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)
http://rcsi.academia.edu/RonanConroy

P    Before printing, think about the environment