st: Autocorrelation test for pooled cross section data

From   "Elizabeth Dhuey" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Autocorrelation test for pooled cross section data
Date   Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:00:16 -0400

I'm trying to figure out what is the most appropriate test to use is when
working with pooled cross sectional data. In particular, I have aggregated
individual level measures to state level averages for different cohorts from
the U.S. Census.

I can't use estat dwatson because I have multiple panels and I don't believe
that I can use xtserial because I don't have a true panel.

I am running the following regression:

xi: reg Y X i.birthstate i.cohort [pw=wgt], robust cluster(birthstate)

Any help would be appreciated.