st: creating individuals ID numbers

From   <>
Subject   st: creating individuals ID numbers
Date   Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:02:08 -0500 (CDT)

Dear colleagues

I have a new database where I have confidential information about individuals, including
their names, address and ID numbers that can not become public.

I need to create new ID numbers so that the database can become public. I thought
about doing in some different ways, like to create a new rule for a number based on the
old ID number, or to create random numbers.

But I would like to ask your opinion about the best way to do it.