st: RE: RE: RE: Foreach Command in Panel Data

From   "Degas Wright" <dwright@cornerstoneadvice.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Foreach Command in Panel Data
Date   Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:26:37 -0400

Nick,
So I am attempting to isolate each stock to determine the impact of
various fundamental variables on excess returns by using the var time
series command.  When I have one stock in the dataset and use the tsset
date command, then use the var command, it works fine.  I am attempting
to write a program that select one ticker at a time to run the time
series from my panel data.

Your point on isolating a single stock is exactly our objective since
cross sectional approach contains a significant amount of noise in the
forecast.

Thanks,

Degas A. Wright, CFA
Chief Investment Officer
Decatur Capital Management, Inc.
250 East Ponce De Leon Avenue, Suite 325
Decatur, Georgia  30030
Voice: 404.270.9838
Fax:404.270.9840
Website: www.decaturcapital.com