st: How to name equations or test coeffs across regs

From   Emily Rauscher <>
Subject   st: How to name equations or test coeffs across regs
Date   Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:53:23 -0400

I am trying to use the test function to see whether a coefficient is equal in two different OLS regressions.  However, I cannot figure out how to name equations.
When I use the sureg command, as suggested on pp. 1914-5 of the version 11 user's manual, stata does not recognize the first word as an equation name and gives an error.

I feel I'm missing something very simple, but I have searched the manual and tried everything I can find.
Any suggestions - for either naming equations or a better way to test the equality of coefficients in different regressions - would be hugely appreciated.
Many thanks,