st: RE: Logit command Stata 10 vs. 11

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Logit command Stata 10 vs. 11
Date   Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:00:19 -0700

We need more detail to make any response.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sascha Heller
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 8:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Logit command Stata 10 vs. 11

Hi Statalist,

working on two different versions of Stata, namely 10.1 and 11.1, I
have found that on 10, the logit command for my specified regression
model works fine while it does not on 11. After several iteration
steps, Stata shows the "backed up" message and continues iterating,
but never stops. On 10, the command perfectly works. The problem
solely occurs when a certain variable is included.

Could this be a bug in Stata 11.1? Or am I doing something completely
wrong?

Thanks in advance

Sascha

Sascha Heller
Institut für Finanzierung
Lehrstuhl für Unternehmens- und Schiffsfinanzierung
Universität Hamburg
Von-Melle-Park 5
20146 Hamburg