st: margins with svy: biprobit

From   Wassim Tarraf <tarrafwassim@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: margins with svy: biprobit
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:50:51 -0400

Dear list members- I am estimating a bivariate probit model (with svy: biprobit; as per the example code below) in Stata 11.1 using complex design survey data. Using the margins command while specifying the subpopulation used to estimate the model and the vce(unconditional) option leads to Stata issuing the following error message : "unconditional standard errors derived assuming full estimation sample; indepvars dropped observations from the estimation sample." I am faced with the same problem when estimating a single equation probit (or logit) as well. Any clarification on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

svyset  cluster [pweight=weight], strata(strata)
svy, subpop(if a==1 & b==2): biprobit x1 x2 i.y1 i.y2 i.y3
margins i.y1, subpop(if a==1 & b==2) vce(unconditional)

Thanks,
Wassim