Re: st: Re: weighted least squares in panel data (proper use of wls0)

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: weighted least squares in panel data (proper use of wls0)
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:40:01 +0100

Matias Brum wrote:

> I'd like to know if the command wls0 -that does not originally come
> with STATA but can be downloaded, made by Phil Enders- can be used to
> estimate weighted least squares when working with panel data. I've
> been trying to use xtgls but results are somewhat confusing.

Since -wls0- is user-written program by Phil Ender, perhaps you're
better off contacting Phil directly than asking the list.

In any case, you do have the option of fitting a panel-data model
using -xtreg, be wls-.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.