Re: st: variance calculation, stratified sample

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: variance calculation, stratified sample
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:17:49 -0400

-svyset-  followed by -svy: prop- or -svy: tabulate- will do it.   The
-help- for "survey" will guide you to those commands.

With simple random sampling within strata, no hypothesis testing, the
commands would be:

svyset _n [pw =wh], strata(stratum_var) fpc(Nh)
svy: prop x
// or
svy: tab x   //better CIs with very small or large proportions

Note that "Stata" is not  spelled "STATA"

Steven J. Samuels
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties NY 12477
Voice: 845-246-0774