st: variance calculation, stratified sample

From   Klas Rydenstam <klas.rydenstam@telia.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: variance calculation, stratified sample
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:05:40 +0200 (CEST)

I have a stratified sample with stratum weights wh= Nh/nh. The
stratum
sizes are known. The samples are not proportional to stratum sizes.
The
task is to calculate variances for proportions, e.g. the proportion of
a category of objects with a particular characteristic.  How can I do
that with STATA11?
Klas
klas.rydenstam@telia.com