RE: st: Log file

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: Log file
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:04:36 +0100

-log2html- from SSC is a wrapper for -log html- and adds a few extra bells and whistles.

Maarten buis

--- On Tue, 21/9/10, Vassilopoulos Achilleas wrote:
> After running a complex procedure, I have a huge log file
> of more than 3,000,000 lines in smcl format. I'm
> interested in the last few lines of the file, where all
> the results are displayed in matrices. The problem is that
> it is impossible to go there using -page down- or the
> cursor on the side because it takes ages.

You can transform smcl log files quite easily into html log
files, which may be easier to handle. I have not tried this
in huge log files, but this approach may work for you:

*------------ begin example ------------
// make a log file
cd c:\temp
tempfile a