Re: st: 2-stages cluster analysis

Subject   Re: st: 2-stages cluster analysis
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:23:41 -0500

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Matt Loke <sciacallojo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your help. Nevertheless, I need you to explain me the command lines you posted. Indeed, the command cluster creates three variables (stage1cl_id, stage1cl_ord and stage1cl_hgt). I thought that the one you were referring to was stage1cl_hgt. Anyway, the loop gives me a syntax error.

Sure... it was a pseudo-syntax, you need to fill in gaps in it.
Anyways, you are doing the hierarchical analysis, and the variables
you see provide the description of the tree. You need to cut your tree
to obtain your clusters:

cluster generate stage1clusters = cut(), name( stage1 )

and then you need to do your cluster analysis within the groups
identified by this new variable.