st: Collapse and aggregation

From   Santosh Kumar <santosh.uh@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Collapse and aggregation
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:37:57 -0400

Dear all.

 I have individual level data, nested in year, county, and state. for eg: in
 states, there are many counties and in counties, there are many years and or
 each years there are many individuals.

  I want to aggregate this data to county and year level, but also want to
 keep the statecode or statename in order to identify which county belongs to
 which state.

 How can I use "collapse" command to aggregate in such manner or please
advise any other different  way to get to this. Keeping the state name or
 code is crucial for analysis.

 Do appreciate y help.

 SK

--