Re: st: RE: Different graph height with graph, by()

From   Scott Merryman <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Different graph height with graph, by()
Date   Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:19:06 -0500

I am not sure if the absolute distance is the same, but here is one attempt:

local var rep
levelsof `var',local(levels)

foreach l of local levels {
	qui sum mpg if `var' == `l'
	local a`l' = ceil(r(mean))
	disp `a`l''
	local suma = `suma' +  `a`l''

foreach l of local levels {
	local grsize`l' = (`a`l''/`suma')*100
	disp `grsize`l''

foreach l of local levels {
	graph bar mpg if `var' == `l', ///
	   name(gr`l', replace) fysize(`grsize`l'')
	local name "`name' gr`l'"

graph combine `name' , cols(1)

graph drop `name'