st: How to draw axes in the interior of the plot?

From   Roger Newson <r.newson@imperial.ac.uk>
Subject   st: How to draw axes in the interior of the plot?
Date   Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:05:05 +0100

Hello All

I suspect that I am being very stupid today, and missing something that should be obvious. I have a colleague who wants to draw axes in the interior of the plot region in a Stata graph (as most people do when displaying the complex or Argand plane with 0+0*i at the centre), complete with tick marks and labels on whatever side the user chooses. However, I have been looking through the Stata Version 11 .pdf manuals and the Stata Version 10 hardcopy manuals, and I cannot find any reference to this possibility, although there is a lot about putting axes on the left, right, top or bottom of the graph region, and the possibility of up to 9 axes (presumably to allow outside and inside labelled ticks at the left, right, top and bottom).

Is there a way to do this in Stata graphics? I have checked all the axis options and the added_line_options, but can't seem to find a way.

Best wishes

Roger

--
Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil