Re: st: robust estimation of glm in Stata ?

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: robust estimation of glm in Stata ?
Date   Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:38:28 -0500

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Joachim Wagner <> wrote:
> Is there Stata code to fit generalized linear models by robust methods?
> (Please note: By robust I do not refer to robust standard errors, but to
> methods that can deal with outliers.) I know that this can be done in R with
> glmrob, but in the application I have in mind R can not be used because it
> is not available at the research data center of a statistical office where
> all computations have to be done - and it is not possible to install it
> there even if it is free.

Are there (JASA, Biometrika, etc.) papers behind R implementation? You
might have to look them up and code something similar in Mata.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at