st: RE : st: Insheet Issue

From   "Vezzani, Antonio (EST)" <>
Subject   st: RE : st: Insheet Issue
Date   Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:42:22 +0200

I checked the file: in the last row uploaded there is an arrow in a cell
string, I've tried to delete it but still doesn't work, and the null cells
are already empty...any other suggestion?

-------- Message d'origine--------
De: de la part de Ronan Conroy
Date:	sam. 11/09/2010 18:35
Objet:	Re: st: Insheet Issue

On 10 MFómh 2010, at 21:46, Jeph Herrin wrote:

> Perhaps an embedded | or <carriage return>; or an empty
> row. Have you tried inspecting line 164,502 of the ASCII file?

Another nightmare character is the 'Null' character.

Try opening your data in a text editor and giving a 'convert to ASCII'

If you don't have a text editor that does this, you might look at the
text editor FAQ and get one as a priority. Very useful for data

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)

P    Before printing, think about the environment