st: metan question

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   Statalist Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: metan question
Date   Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:00:16 -0700

Hello,
I notice that -metan- requires the following for continuous data:
	sample size,
	mean difference, and
	standard deviation (SD)
of the experimental group followed by those of the control group. This could be used, for example, to pool data such as mean difference in blood pressure before and after an intervention.

However, if instead of the sample size, mean difference and standard deviation, I had for both groups:
	sample size,
	mean blood pressure before intervention
	standard deviation (SD)

	sample size,
	mean blood pressure after intervention
	standard deviation (SD)
would it be possible to convert into the format required by -metan-?

Best wishes,

Michael McCulloch, LAc MPH PhD
Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine Street