st: is Kendall's tau the best correlation coeficient for binary varibles?

From   jl591164@albany.edu
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: is Kendall's tau the best correlation coeficient for binary varibles?
Date   Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:16:26 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Statalist,
I need to do a correlation matrix of all my study variables. Most of them
are binary variable, and two are continuous variables. Is Kenall's tau the
test coefficient to use to get the correlation matrix of my study
variables? Any advice is highly appreciated.
Junqing